Gospel soccer ball - craft - Gospel football
The Wordless Book has been used for decades to share the Gospel with children. As the name indicates, it is a book without words (or pictures) and consists of only coloured pages. Each colour represents a facet of the Gospel message. The Gospel ball is a variation of the book but uses the same basic colours. If coloured paper is used for the craft, there is no need for painting or colouring in.
The Gospel colours and what they represent
- Yellow (gold) is a colour that is easily associated with the magnificent beauty and purity of Heaven where God sits on His throne. God created everything there is and he made us in His image.
Gold is also used for the crown of a king, and so the colour gold also helps us think of Jesus, the King of kings. (References: 1 Timothy 6:15, Revelation 17:14, 21:21).
- Dark grey represents our sin, which stains our spiritual hearts. Sin came into the world when Adam disobeyed God and as a result we, as descendants of Adam, are all sinners. (References: Romans 5:12, Romans 3:23).
- Red is symbolic of Jesus' blood, which takes away our sin. When Jesus died on the cross, He took all our sin on Him and also the punishment for our sin. (References: Hebrews 9:22, 1 John 1:7b).
- White is a clean colour that shows how our heart is cleaned of every sin when we ask Jesus to forgive us. (References: 1 John 1:9, Isaiah 1:18).
- Green reminds us of nature and new growth. Green is an indication of life. As newborn Christians, we need to keep on growing in our faith. (References: Ephesians 3:16-17, 1 Peter 2:2).
- As we come full circle, we again get to the yellow colour that now reminds us of the crown that awaits us in Heaven one day. (References: 1 Peter 5:4, Psalm 21:3).
- Blue reminds us of the Holy Spirit who is the third person of the Trinity. Blue surrounds the other colours because the Holy Spirit convicts us of sin, leads us to repentance, fills us when we are born again and helps us grow. Blue is associated with the life-giving water of the Spirit that fills every part of our lives and flows out to others. (Reference: John 4:13-14).
To download the files below, click on the titles and wait a moment for the download to be completed (Pdf format).